Episode the eightieth; wherein the Pageist talks social media, depression and labels. The book reviewed is The Sexy Librarian’s Big Book of Erotica edited by Rose Caraway.
.44 Intro and Announcements:
- Patrons are keeping the show going so a big thank you to them.
- Hello to Karen, Lara, Brad and Christopher over on Facebook. Also, goodbye to them, as I’m no longer on Facebook due to it’s creepy, non-consensual data practices.
- Due to inactivity and in an effort to streamline my life, the Fetlife group for the site will be shutdown in the next week or so. If you’d like to be notified of episodes or posts, just subscribe to the website, using an rss feed reader or the subscription area in the sidebar (available on the desktop version of http://thepageist.com/). I neither sell nor share email addresses, so your information is safe with me.
3.55 My Submissive Life:
- One of my half-brothers died a few days ago, but it’s really not a big deal–we weren’t close and never even lived in the same house.
- I’m waiting for an appointment to get an official diagnosis of autism.
7.55 Book Review:
- This episode’s book is The Sexy Librarian’s Big Book of Erotica edited by Rose Caraway and kindly provided by Cleis Press.
- This is twenty-two stories written in a variety of literary genres about primarily heterosexual people doing a vast array of kinks (though no edge play, really). The quality of the writing varied as wildly as the genres and kinks on offer, though, there were so many stories to choose from, even skipping a few (if you’re a pedant like I am) I still felt like I got my time’s worth.
- Genres include, but are not limited to: science fiction, literary fiction, romance, and fantasy. I couldn’t even begin to list all of the kinks covered, for they are multiform.
16.52 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing Asarotica, erotica by porn stars, edited by Asa Akira.
- Support the show through PayPal!
- Support the show and site on Patreon and get bonus content each month!
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be streamed or downloaded from an embedded player on this page.