Episode the Twenty-Eighth; Wherein the Pageist explores the good, the bad and the sexy things that happen when kink is portrayed on film.
.49 Intro & Announcements:
- Three new Facebook likes: Welcome to Bee, Nicholas and Jenni!
- Someone took the survey (this one here) and said they enjoyed the diversity of books reviewed. Thank you!
- Peru has been added to the Listener map.
- Rocky Flintstone, Author of Belinda Blinked (the book read on My Dad Wrote a Porno) followed me on Twitter. I am tickled.
- Dr David Ley was on the I Do Podcast talking about porn and your relationships and I found it enlightening.
4.29 Part 1: Representation & Getting the Bad Out of the Way:
(Apologies to the filmmakers for calling your work bad)
- Wikipedia page: BDSM in films
- The Pet
- 50 Shades
- Preaching to the Perverted (this is really good–it was just mentioned in this segment for other reasons)
11.42 Part 2: 50 Shades of Bullshit–What all media gets wrong about kink
- Secretary (recap/review–spoilers be here!)
17.24 Part 3: The Good & the Sexy
- The Duke of Burgundy <–review (recap with all the spoilers and lots of screencaps)
- The Chambermaid
- Moonlight Whispers
- New Tokyo Decadence–The Slave
- Of Freaks and Men
- The Piano Teacher (The Piano Teacher book review)
- Gomez and Morticia: The Best BDSM Relationship on Film
- The Addams Family: We Are All Addamses
- An index of all of the films reviewed by the Pageist can be found here.
25.00 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing either My Dad Wrote a Porno or My Life on the Swingset.
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.