Episode the fifty-second; Wherein the Pageist seems to have become an adult at some point, meditates on the importance of finding your place and learns about her personal erotic myth. The book reviewed is Decoding Your Kink: Guide to Explore, Share and Enjoy Your Wildest Sexual Desires by Galen Fous.
.45 Intro and Announcements:
- The show is now on the Swingset.fm network, along with a bunch of other great people.
- There’s an Android app with all our shows (mine will be there eventually). SwingsetFM Podcast Network is the name of the app.
- My review of Intellectual Foreplay, another SwingsetFM podcast.
- My first giveaway is coming to a close–enter by May 31, 2017 midnight, London time.
- The show’s Patreon is updated with all sorts of rewards. https://www.patreon.com/thepageist
9.50 My Submissive Life:
- ThePageist.com is two years old. When I started the site I could have never forseen where it would take me. I’m so grateful for what I get to do.
12.39 Book Review:
- This episode’s book is Decoding Your Kink: Guide to Explore, Share and Enjoy Your Wildest Sexual Desires by Galen Fous, MTP.
The author’s goal is to help people understand and accept their kinks and to more fully integrate that side of themselves into their complete selves. The book isn’t perfect–I was hoping for more pratical exercises–but it was thought-provoking and Fous’ goals are admirable.
- The author’s website: GalenFous.com
- The Personal Erotic Myth Survey
- Understanding Ourselves Through Erotic Fantasies zine by Meg-John & Justin
- Jillian Keenan’s piece on Slate: Is Kink a sexual orientation?
- Keenan’s book was excellent, by the way. I reviewed it in episode 42.
- Madison Young talks about conversing with your desire in her book–The DIY Porn Handbook, which I reviewed in episode 40.
35.55 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be interviewing Graydancer of Kink Sex Culture about consent.
- Support the show and site on Patreon!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be heard in an embedded player on this page.