Episode the seventy-second; Wherein the Pageist reflects on the relationship between fantasy and reality and consults a passel of humans to write this episode’s book review. The book reviewed is The Cleis Press Sextionary.
.45 Intro and Announcements:
- Welcome to the newest Facebook person–Ashley!
- Thank you to the survey-responder for your kind words. If you’d like to take the brief, anonymous survey, it gives me useful info and makes my day. The link is here.
- The show has a new Patreon supporter! Hey there Bednar! Welcome and stuff!
- There are many exciting things coming up in the new year–including a series of interviews about sex toys–how they’re made and what to look for in body safe products for yourself or someone you care about.
3.20 My Submissive Life:
- Currently accepting applications for a Mom/Mum in the Oxford area who wants to take care of us. Walter and I are tired.
- Our house nearly burned down on Christmas Eve. Thank goodness for smoke alarms. We’re moving when our lease is up. So the goal of 2018 is to build the business so we can afford a decent place and moving fees.
6.42 Book Review:
This episode’s book is The Cleis Press Sextionary, a reference book of all things sexy, kinky, poly and more.
- This review couldn’t have happened without help from many kind people, including naiia, Graydancer, Lorax of Sex, Franklin Veaux, Cooper S Beckett, Mistress Matisse, Camille Beaujolie, Mollysdailykiss, DomSigns, Kayla Lord
- How to spot porous and non-body-safe sex toys by Dangerous Lilly.
- Dr Jen Gunter (Ob/Gyn) on why you shouldn’t steam your vagina.
- List of paraphilias from Wikipedia.
- Sex Work Style Guide by Mistress Matisse.
41.51 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing Ask: Building Consent Culture edited by Kitty Stryker
- Support the show through PayPal!
- Support the show and site on Patreon and get bonus content each month!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be streamed or downloaded from an embedded player on this page.