Episode the sixty-sixth; wherein the Pageist learns about all the things she’s not interested in, becomes increasingly weary over censorship and catches up on a few weeks of announcements. The book reviewed is Scary Stories to Tingle Your Butt: 7 Tales of Gay Terror by Chuck Tingle.
.44 Intro and Announcements:
- Thank you to everyone who’s reached out and asked after Walter’s health! It means a lot and we both thank you.
- Thank you so much to JT, for our first PayPal donation! It brightened my month, let me tell you.
- Big thank yous to my Patreon supporters and welcome to the newest supporter.
- The show how now been heard in Zimbabwe.
- One survey response–thank you! You can take the survey here (it’s anonymous and makes my day).
- Someone rated the show on iTunes!! WOW! Thank you!
- The show will be in the next update of the SwingsetFM Podcast Network app for Android (available through GooglePlay)
5.53 My Submissive Life:
- Walter is healing well. We’re just waiting for the biopsy results now.
- Censorship continues to lurk. Patreon is full of lies, but I’m too tired to rant properly.
- Girl on the Net’s excellent piece about the nonsense and how you can help.
- Violet Blue’s piece on meeting with Patreon at their offices in San Francisco.
- Circlet Press: Erotica for Geeks
- The Viscountess Investigates by Cameron Quintain
- Call for Submissions: Fantastic Beasts and Where to F Them.
- Shapeshifter Bundle
16.21 Book Review:
- This episode’s book is Scary Stories to Tingle Your Butt: 7 Tales of Gay Terror by Chuck Tingle. It’s… something else. In a genre of its own. A mix of comedy, meta-fiction, erotica, all in a universe where unicorns, dinosaurs and Bigfeet (that’s the plural of Bigfoot) live amongst the rest of us. Oh yeah, there are also sentient buses. Like, the ones you ride around. Anything can happen. Anything. States can stalk people. The state of California, for example. And it makes sense in the context of the story.
- Hilarious, utterly unique, filthy, with the occasional cutting social commentary, no one else writes like Chuck Tingle.
- And the dialogue! Everything about it is singular.
29.08 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing Jealousy Survival Guide: How to Feel Safe, Happy and Secure in an Open Relationship by Kitty Chambliss.
- Support the show through PayPal!
- Support the show and site on Patreon and get bonus content each month!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be heard in an embedded player on this page.