Episode the fifty-sixth; Wherein the Pageist has a big, scary announcement and offers up two very brief book reviews.
.45 Intro and Announcements:
- Listeners in new countries–the Bahamas, Hungary and Lithuania.
- Swingset.fm is a swanky bunch of shows–check it out. Eventually I’ll be over there, technology cooperating.
- Thank you to my Patreon supporters for making this episode possible!
2.53 My Submissive Life:
- My husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. Treatment begins on Monday, but the show may be a bit different (more interviews and fiction reviews) for a bit.
- Thank the heavens for the NHS.
6.50 Book Review:
- A preview of the review of Heart of Dominance: A Guide to Practicing Consensual Dominance by Anton Fulmen.
This was supposed to be this week’s featured review, but due to life circumstances, I haven’t had a change to finish the book. I don’t know when I’ll have the mental energy to read non-fiction again, but, even at 40% done, I can recommend this one to people interested in improving their dominance. Fulmen has a level-headed approach clearly based in experience. I look forward to having him on the show once I’ve fully reviewed this.
- The Academy of D/s Confidence
- Mad Dom Skills D-type free e-course
- Submissive Starter Kit s-type free e-course
- The second fifty cent book review is of Sara Benincasa’s Real Artists Have Day Jobs (and Other Awesome Things They Don’t Teach You In School).
It’s a collection of 52 essays about being enthusiastically dorky, how to succeed as a creative person, as a woman, and as a human with mental illness. It’s poignant and funny and full of good advice.
- Benincasa is hilarious on Twitter and Instagram, as well. (She’s sarajbenincasa on both of those.)
11.04 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing either a fiction title or interviewing Cooper S. Beckett. Time will tell.
- Support the show and site on Patreon!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be heard in an embedded player on this page.